Skip to main content

Teaching the kids about an honest dollar

Our little people earn one dollar every Friday if they have met certain criteria.
  1. All smiley faces in folder from school
  2. Done chores during the week
  3. Have behaved at home all week

I realize that they are only 6 (the twins) and 5, but I think if we start teaching them the importance of responsibility and the value of money at an early age, we will be laying a firm foundation for them in the future.

Well, they have been saving their money and today was the day to spend it. The boys pulled their money in an effort to save enough to buy a video game at Gamestop. They actually spent the last ten weeks saving and managed to save over 24 dollars from their allowance, tooth money, and extra earnings. This allowed them to buy two video games and pay the tax. They are some badass lil savers unh?

Emily started off pulling with the boys and then decided she was not interested in video games, she wanted a barbie. After shopping at wal-mart, she ended up with a littlest pet shop stuffed animal (more on that piece of shit deal in a sec) that after tax was a bit out of her price range. In order to still get her doll, she had to do some extra work when she got home. She came home and got a shopping bag and pulled weeds from the rocks in front of the house. She is such a hard worker. I really am so proud.

Okay, so Emily gets this littlest pet shop doll because it is supposed to come with a code so you can go to http://www.lpso.com/ and play. Well when we get home and log on to the website, the mother friggin' bleepity bleeps require a PAID bleepity bleep bleep subscription that can be in the price range og 6 bucks a month to 60 bucks a year. Friggin' jerk ass mother bleepity bleeps. She is now crying and all kinds of broken friggin' hearted because these dumb ass bleepity bleeps cannot be content with the money they make off of the mass amount of toy sales, they have to charge to play at the website as well. I am so mad and sad for her. I bought another doll to give to her at Christmas and guess what.....I AM TAKING THAT SHIT BACK. I also plan to discourage her in the future from spending anymore money on that brand of stuff. I will try to get her to focus her attention on other things. That is such a huge pile of BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

Well, they bought their stuff and then when we got home they had to give Mom the money that was on the receipt out of their money jars; $24.88 and $10.43. This way they understand the fact that these things cost money and that money requires both time and hard work. After they give me their money I actually deposit it into their savings accounts. I think when they get older and realize all of their allowance actually went into the bank and they have learned the lesson of saving to buy something they want and working hard to earn that money....all of our hard work will pay off in raising children with mature, responsible money skills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I thought I should Change the Title of My Blog

I was considering a new layout, a new title, well just an overall new feel to my blog. I mean some things have changed since I first started recording my thoughts and feelings of the going ons in my everyday life. Well, I am no longer taking Paxil and well, crap.....I think that is it. I thought the poop was really no longer an issue as well until this week. Someone decided that an oopsie poopsie was not something they might share with their mother. You know the lady who does the laundry. I was blessed with the joy, upon removing clean clothes form the laundry, an overwhelming smell of shit. Yep, SHIT!!!! I had almost all the clothes in the dryer and noticed a wad, a ball, a massive roll of poop. Apparently someone had pooped enough in their underwear and then just snuck it into the dirty laundry. GROSS!!!! I mean really?!?!?!? You don't think you might have at least given me a heads up so that I could pre-clean the undies. Man, boys are so gross!

The Return

I have begun to gather my thoughts and put them into mini posts. It was then that I decided that this blog was often the best therapy possible for the trials and tribulations of everyday life. It is of course a way to also preserve for posterity the strange and delightful things that my children say. Back soon.

Oh Those Chickens

When I was a young girl, I was always suffering from some "ailment". I am pretty sure it was for attention. Of course the attention was often a spanking for being such a giant pain in the ass and after a trip to the doctor, the diagnosis was an attention whore. Well I'll be damned, my chickens are coming home to roost. They are coming home, pecking me in my ass, and then shitting on my head. Emily has a doctors appointment thia morning because she is certain that she cannot hear. I believe that her eras are clogged, but not that she is permantly going deaf. Dear god help me if she is because that will mean I actually have to get up off my ass wen I need her for something and can not just yell for her. UGH!!! This could be problematic either way. If my Mom were still alive, I am certain she would be attending all htese appointments with me just for the sheer joy of pointing and laughing at me. I mean really, if it wasn;t happening to me, I too would be pointing and laughin