Skip to main content

Overwhelmed

I am usually not one to sit and type "real" stuff, you know my deep feelings,but if I do not get this out I may explode. Shit, I may explode anyway.

I spend day in and day out wondering if anyone would really notice if I was gone. I have one sister in law who does not speak to me and another who has joined that club. The new member thinks I have some how convinced my brother to divorce her, when she is the one who asked for a divorce. I spent a good deal of time telling my brother I thought he should try harder and I thought he should look at things from a different perspective, but fuck if I am now somehow in shit again. I removed myself from that situation and another that seemed to be too much drama and still it seems to find me.

I feel like nothing I do is good enough. Not for anyone. I am not a good enough friend, I am not a good enough mother, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law, student.......well I guess my point has been made. I am struggling everyday. I come hide in my room and cry and sit here wondering what's next. when will other peoples' shit quit hurting me. I wipe away the tears and head back into the game. I try to pretend I feel fine and that everything is good. I try to pretend that I am happy and I am fun, but on the inside I am feeling worthless and beat down. When will people realize that despite the smile I am hurt. I am hurt by the things you say and the things you do. I try so hard to make everyone happy but feel like I cannot make anyone happy.

Most people look at me like the funny cheerful girl and I try my hardest to keep that mask on when people are around, but it seems to be getting harder and harder.

I wish for those I love to find happiness everyday yet despite all the happiness in my life that I share with my children and my husband, I feel others sucking the joy out of my life. I do not know how to make it stop. I have stepped away. I have quit taking calls, but they still seem to seep in. They still seem to take my actions and my words and twist and misconstrue them.

I know this moment of despair will pass. I know I will feel better in awhile. I will put my smiley face back on and I will get my head back in the game of life, but right now I just sit here and cry. Maybe that is all I need, a really good cry. I need time to process all the hateful things that were said to me. I need to process the loss of a friendship. I need to process all the fear I have been hiding about my darling friend who has breast cancer; the fear that I will have to watch her die just like I did my mom. I have to process all these feelings and the ones that I hide even from myself. Some that I just can't even bring myself to type. Those that I hide deep inside. I just feel so overwhelmed and so tired. I just wish everyone would be nice, happy, and get along. I wish the madness would stop and the joy and laughter would return.

I hurt and I sit here alone with my hurt. I try to tell my husband how I feel but then the guilt creeps in. Who I am I to complain. I am a stay at home mom and he has to go to work. I feel guilty for saying I am tired. I feel guilty for saying that raising kids, cleaning house, doing laundry, keeping good grades, being a good wife, helping those I love, being kind to those who are not, and well just life in general seems to have gotten to be more than I think I can handle. I feel like I am unable to make anyone happy. I miss my family, I miss my sister in laws. I just want this day to be done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I thought I should Change the Title of My Blog

I was considering a new layout, a new title, well just an overall new feel to my blog. I mean some things have changed since I first started recording my thoughts and feelings of the going ons in my everyday life. Well, I am no longer taking Paxil and well, crap.....I think that is it. I thought the poop was really no longer an issue as well until this week. Someone decided that an oopsie poopsie was not something they might share with their mother. You know the lady who does the laundry. I was blessed with the joy, upon removing clean clothes form the laundry, an overwhelming smell of shit. Yep, SHIT!!!! I had almost all the clothes in the dryer and noticed a wad, a ball, a massive roll of poop. Apparently someone had pooped enough in their underwear and then just snuck it into the dirty laundry. GROSS!!!! I mean really?!?!?!? You don't think you might have at least given me a heads up so that I could pre-clean the undies. Man, boys are so gross!

Oh Those Chickens

When I was a young girl, I was always suffering from some "ailment". I am pretty sure it was for attention. Of course the attention was often a spanking for being such a giant pain in the ass and after a trip to the doctor, the diagnosis was an attention whore. Well I'll be damned, my chickens are coming home to roost. They are coming home, pecking me in my ass, and then shitting on my head. Emily has a doctors appointment thia morning because she is certain that she cannot hear. I believe that her eras are clogged, but not that she is permantly going deaf. Dear god help me if she is because that will mean I actually have to get up off my ass wen I need her for something and can not just yell for her. UGH!!! This could be problematic either way. If my Mom were still alive, I am certain she would be attending all htese appointments with me just for the sheer joy of pointing and laughing at me. I mean really, if it wasn;t happening to me, I too would be pointing and laughin

The Return

I have begun to gather my thoughts and put them into mini posts. It was then that I decided that this blog was often the best therapy possible for the trials and tribulations of everyday life. It is of course a way to also preserve for posterity the strange and delightful things that my children say. Back soon.