Skip to main content

Going to Iraq

I just finished reading my brothers blog and he has a lot posted about the war, recruiting, and et al. I wanted to add a bit of a face to what he has been saying. My husband and I are stationed at Ft. Carson,CO. The 3rd ACR (a hell of a lot of guys) just left for Iraq. Some were our neighbors and friends. They all were apprehensive to leave their families and of course afraid of losing life or limb, but all were ready to serve their country and spread freedom throughout the world. I would not say my husband and I are necessarily pro-military (even being active duty), but we are pro freedom. All these opponents to the war, I pose this question... How long do you suppose we should have let Saddam systematically murder thousands of Iraqis and Kurds? I believe it is the job of the mighty to protect the weak. I do not like war or death, but I know that as such a great nation it is our responsibility to defend those who cannot defend themselves. People see these insurgents killing our soldiers as well as Iraqi security and civilians. These insurgents are the minority. The soldiers I have spoken with (who have a first hand account, so I tend to believe them) say the Iraqi people are glad to be rid of Saddam and are grateful to have been liberated. They want their country safe and then they want us to leave. I know I am probably over simplifying, but in my eyes it is simple. We as Americans should appreciate all people and their cultures and should do our best to help anyone who needs our help. The cost of freedom is high and I am so grateful to all those who have made the ultimate sacrifices to maintain freedom. Thank you to those who even when afraid are brave!!!!!! "The liberty of others extends mine to infinity."FRANCE GRAFFITO 1968

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I thought I should Change the Title of My Blog

I was considering a new layout, a new title, well just an overall new feel to my blog. I mean some things have changed since I first started recording my thoughts and feelings of the going ons in my everyday life. Well, I am no longer taking Paxil and well, crap.....I think that is it. I thought the poop was really no longer an issue as well until this week. Someone decided that an oopsie poopsie was not something they might share with their mother. You know the lady who does the laundry. I was blessed with the joy, upon removing clean clothes form the laundry, an overwhelming smell of shit. Yep, SHIT!!!! I had almost all the clothes in the dryer and noticed a wad, a ball, a massive roll of poop. Apparently someone had pooped enough in their underwear and then just snuck it into the dirty laundry. GROSS!!!! I mean really?!?!?!? You don't think you might have at least given me a heads up so that I could pre-clean the undies. Man, boys are so gross!

The Return

I have begun to gather my thoughts and put them into mini posts. It was then that I decided that this blog was often the best therapy possible for the trials and tribulations of everyday life. It is of course a way to also preserve for posterity the strange and delightful things that my children say. Back soon.

Oh Those Chickens

When I was a young girl, I was always suffering from some "ailment". I am pretty sure it was for attention. Of course the attention was often a spanking for being such a giant pain in the ass and after a trip to the doctor, the diagnosis was an attention whore. Well I'll be damned, my chickens are coming home to roost. They are coming home, pecking me in my ass, and then shitting on my head. Emily has a doctors appointment thia morning because she is certain that she cannot hear. I believe that her eras are clogged, but not that she is permantly going deaf. Dear god help me if she is because that will mean I actually have to get up off my ass wen I need her for something and can not just yell for her. UGH!!! This could be problematic either way. If my Mom were still alive, I am certain she would be attending all htese appointments with me just for the sheer joy of pointing and laughing at me. I mean really, if it wasn;t happening to me, I too would be pointing and laughin