Skip to main content

What someone else had to say about cigs!!!

This all seems to ring true to me!!

Why would seemingly intelligent people continue to smoke, knowing full well the dangers and potential implications of doing so? Well folks, I don't want to disillussion anybody, but it is because they are nicotine addicts. Cigarette smokers are just as much an addict as someone hooked on crack, cocaine, morphine or heroin. The folks that say they don't want to quit, because of the pleasure they derive from smoking, are not really speaking for themselves. It is their addiction speaking for them. It is that little addicted voice inside their minds rationalizing the addiction, because they know, it might hurt to quit. They know that there will be a sense of loss. They know that smoking is as much a part of their personality as being a happy person, or being a morning person, or liking to go to the movies. Smoking becomes a part of who and what you are. An ADDICT. It amazes me the number of people who smoke cigarettes who would never smoke a marijuana cigarette. "Oh no, thats drugs" or "I ain't no dope fiend". Sorry pal, tobacco is dope, it is drugs and if you're a smoker, you are also a drug addict and a dope fiend. The sooner you accept it, the sooner you will be able to get well again and kick those "nasty butts" out of your life. Smoking, like any addiction, especially addictions that involve chemicals, is a sickness. Fortunately it is a sickness that can be cured. There is help available. Chances are that unless you can lock yourself away for a few weeks, you will need some help to get well again. Help can be something as simple as some education, or it may be a prescription for a nicotine replacement delivery system. The most effective way to stop smoking is a combination of both. You also need some motivation, a reason to live a long healthy life. I quit smoking for myself and my family.

I do not know who the author is but please feel free to check out this site....pretty interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I thought I should Change the Title of My Blog

I was considering a new layout, a new title, well just an overall new feel to my blog. I mean some things have changed since I first started recording my thoughts and feelings of the going ons in my everyday life. Well, I am no longer taking Paxil and well, crap.....I think that is it. I thought the poop was really no longer an issue as well until this week. Someone decided that an oopsie poopsie was not something they might share with their mother. You know the lady who does the laundry. I was blessed with the joy, upon removing clean clothes form the laundry, an overwhelming smell of shit. Yep, SHIT!!!! I had almost all the clothes in the dryer and noticed a wad, a ball, a massive roll of poop. Apparently someone had pooped enough in their underwear and then just snuck it into the dirty laundry. GROSS!!!! I mean really?!?!?!? You don't think you might have at least given me a heads up so that I could pre-clean the undies. Man, boys are so gross!

The Return

I have begun to gather my thoughts and put them into mini posts. It was then that I decided that this blog was often the best therapy possible for the trials and tribulations of everyday life. It is of course a way to also preserve for posterity the strange and delightful things that my children say. Back soon.

Penis juice and vodka

We have one more week of school here, yet my children have already disconnected the brain switch. I hate to tell them but we will home school throughout the summer. Luckily for them we can get our work done in less then two hours with only three kids and of course the fact that I sneak projects in throughout our everyday activities. Ethan decided he is exempt from the school dress ode because school is almost out and the daughter has jumped on that band wagon. I decided to let it slide. I figure a cute little t-shirt isn't going to ruin any one's grades, they were all turned in on the 24Th, so we will see if I get a call from the school. So today's little golden nugget of delight is brought to you by Ethan. Mom:Ethan, quit messing with your business. Go to your room if you want to do that. Ethan: I am not messing with it, it hurts. It feels like I am going to bleed when I pee. Mom: Oh honey, I am sorry but you will have to go to your Dad. He is in charge of penises. I handl