Skip to main content

ANOTHER DAY WITH THREE TODDLERS

Maybe I should say 4, since I am still babysitting. Yesterday the kids made up a game they call bingo. I know, you think that game already exists so how could they have made it up. Well, in their version of bingo, you run up and hit or poke another child while yelling bingo. I am not sure how this came about. The twins and Ethan seemed to really enjoy. The newcomer, Conrad, thought he was getting an ass kicking. Every time they would poke him and say bingo, he cried. I had to finally step-in and forbid the bingoing of Conrad. I swear my kids are weirdos. The Twins are also in that parrot phase. You know the one, mama says damnit so babies say damnit. An example? Yesterday Ethan knocked over the baby gate leaning against the wall and scared the living piss out of me. I screamed "JESUS CHRIST" (bad I know) and Steven, who was at his perch on the counter, yelled "Jesus Christ" in return. All clint and I could do was laugh. I have such a hard time with the sailor mouth, having your own kids definently helps you cut back. And on the Ethan front... He showing signs that he may not be retarded after all. He will now say Dora, Yeah, No, and of course the standard mama and dada. I was really getting concerned, because he just was not developing verbally at a pace I was satisfied with. I know what a mean mom. I can't help it. All the kids in our family have set the bar high. My little brother's daughter, Meredith, is a freakin' genius. My older brother's kids are all really smart, as are the Twins. If he doesn't start doing something cool soon I may have to go ahead and sell him. I am just kidding. Really I am. I know why he is a little later to talk than the other kids. NO Flashcards...hee hee. I was ridiculously anal about working with the Twins. Ethan? Not so much. Oh well, I guess it will all work itself out. The point is, He is starting to say some things. Thank God!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I thought I should Change the Title of My Blog

I was considering a new layout, a new title, well just an overall new feel to my blog. I mean some things have changed since I first started recording my thoughts and feelings of the going ons in my everyday life. Well, I am no longer taking Paxil and well, crap.....I think that is it. I thought the poop was really no longer an issue as well until this week. Someone decided that an oopsie poopsie was not something they might share with their mother. You know the lady who does the laundry. I was blessed with the joy, upon removing clean clothes form the laundry, an overwhelming smell of shit. Yep, SHIT!!!! I had almost all the clothes in the dryer and noticed a wad, a ball, a massive roll of poop. Apparently someone had pooped enough in their underwear and then just snuck it into the dirty laundry. GROSS!!!! I mean really?!?!?!? You don't think you might have at least given me a heads up so that I could pre-clean the undies. Man, boys are so gross!

The Return

I have begun to gather my thoughts and put them into mini posts. It was then that I decided that this blog was often the best therapy possible for the trials and tribulations of everyday life. It is of course a way to also preserve for posterity the strange and delightful things that my children say. Back soon.

Oh Those Chickens

When I was a young girl, I was always suffering from some "ailment". I am pretty sure it was for attention. Of course the attention was often a spanking for being such a giant pain in the ass and after a trip to the doctor, the diagnosis was an attention whore. Well I'll be damned, my chickens are coming home to roost. They are coming home, pecking me in my ass, and then shitting on my head. Emily has a doctors appointment thia morning because she is certain that she cannot hear. I believe that her eras are clogged, but not that she is permantly going deaf. Dear god help me if she is because that will mean I actually have to get up off my ass wen I need her for something and can not just yell for her. UGH!!! This could be problematic either way. If my Mom were still alive, I am certain she would be attending all htese appointments with me just for the sheer joy of pointing and laughing at me. I mean really, if it wasn;t happening to me, I too would be pointing and laughin