Skip to main content

Check It Out Now!!!

Jenny sent me the following e-mail and I find this cause more than worthwhile. Read about it or suffer the consequences.

E-mail:
August 6th at 9:00 PM (EST) BLOGATHON
2005
is on !!!

We are four women blogging for [MISS foundation
on this group blog ( Three moms and a single
lady
)we made especially for the event.


What is Blogathon ?
First some terminology: “blog” is a shortened version of “weblog” which
is a frequently updated personal website. Most blogs have date stamps
on
the entries, and consist of links and commentary. Now, remember when
you
were in school and you would bowl for charity? And for every pin you
knocked down you got, say, ten cents? Or run for a dollar a mile?
During
the Blogathon, people update their websites every 30 minutes for 24
hours straight. For this, they collect sponsorships. Pledges can be a
flat donation, or a certain amount for every hour the blogger manages
to
stay awake.
What is MISS foundation?
Well here's an excerpt from their site
About MISS

More than 120,000 children die every year in the United States. Of
those, more than 80% die before their first birthday...
The MISS Foundation is a nonprofit corporation committed to helping
families discover hope and eventually heal from the trauma of a child's
death.
For more information check the information
packet

So bottom line, MISS is an organization dedicated to help families cope
with miscarriage, stillbirth, baby loss.

And of course you gonna ask WHY MISS?
The explanation is pretty simple. The idea was mine, since this past
year I suffered 3 miscarriages and I felt the pain (X3) that millions
of
women feel every year. When I told my idea to CJ, she agreed right away
since she has been through the same thing. Barbara and Erin had no
problem with that so..here we are.
We hope we can raise lots of money with what we're doing so other
families who suffer or suffered can get help. So more research can
happen in order to find the causes and prevent babies from dieing
before
they even come in the world.
The pain never goes away, no matter how many years go by, no matter if
you have or not other children..it's still there.
And we will NEVER forget our lost babies..even though we never saw
them...

How can you help?
Simply register an account on Blogathon , look under the
participants for the name Jenny and under campaigns for our
group
blog (Three moms and a single lady), and sumbit the money you
wish to donate. During Blogathon, we encourage you to watch your
bloggers (in this case US) participate and cheer them on - though as a
sponsor, you, of course, can sleep. The next morning check your email
for information telling you how much - and how - to make your donation.

Where can I find more information?
Easy. Check the Blogathon
sponsor FAQ's.




So.. are you guys gonna help please?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And I thought I should Change the Title of My Blog

I was considering a new layout, a new title, well just an overall new feel to my blog. I mean some things have changed since I first started recording my thoughts and feelings of the going ons in my everyday life. Well, I am no longer taking Paxil and well, crap.....I think that is it. I thought the poop was really no longer an issue as well until this week. Someone decided that an oopsie poopsie was not something they might share with their mother. You know the lady who does the laundry. I was blessed with the joy, upon removing clean clothes form the laundry, an overwhelming smell of shit. Yep, SHIT!!!! I had almost all the clothes in the dryer and noticed a wad, a ball, a massive roll of poop. Apparently someone had pooped enough in their underwear and then just snuck it into the dirty laundry. GROSS!!!! I mean really?!?!?!? You don't think you might have at least given me a heads up so that I could pre-clean the undies. Man, boys are so gross!

The Return

I have begun to gather my thoughts and put them into mini posts. It was then that I decided that this blog was often the best therapy possible for the trials and tribulations of everyday life. It is of course a way to also preserve for posterity the strange and delightful things that my children say. Back soon.

Oh Those Chickens

When I was a young girl, I was always suffering from some "ailment". I am pretty sure it was for attention. Of course the attention was often a spanking for being such a giant pain in the ass and after a trip to the doctor, the diagnosis was an attention whore. Well I'll be damned, my chickens are coming home to roost. They are coming home, pecking me in my ass, and then shitting on my head. Emily has a doctors appointment thia morning because she is certain that she cannot hear. I believe that her eras are clogged, but not that she is permantly going deaf. Dear god help me if she is because that will mean I actually have to get up off my ass wen I need her for something and can not just yell for her. UGH!!! This could be problematic either way. If my Mom were still alive, I am certain she would be attending all htese appointments with me just for the sheer joy of pointing and laughing at me. I mean really, if it wasn;t happening to me, I too would be pointing and laughin